Sophisticated elegance in the heart of Battery Point.
Comprehensively refurbished and extended to create an exquisite home, this alluring Georgian era, circa 1840, cottage is the epitome of understated elegance. Complemented by a large lush garden and found in a coveted location, this property certainly has a story to share.
Rich colours celebrate the retained architectural features and charm of the original cottage, while crisp clean lines and contemporary shades define the modern extension, creating an exemplary home in Hobart’s most historic suburb.
Generous sized rooms throughout, cosy woodfired warmth, perfectly polished Tasmanian Oak floors, premium quality integrated appliances, and multiple entertaining zones, including the private north facing elevated deck overlooking the enchanting rear garden lined with elegant Silver Birch trees, are all high-value elements of this bespoke property.
The formal lounge features an open fireplace, whilst the living area has an inbuilt wood heater. A large walk-in wardrobe is accessed from the main bedroom and the open plan kitchen and dining area opens up to the deck through floor to ceiling concertina doors.
Stepping down the hand-crafted timber staircase also reveals another living area, comprising a third bedroom, second bathroom and lounge with direct external access, the ideal space for guests to stay or work from home.
This property offers the ultimate lifestyle position in the heart of Battery Point, only a few steps away from eateries and shops on Hampton Road, yet providing a private and tranquil setting.
Battery Point is home to one of Australia’s most romantic streetscapes, and being found within walking distance of some of Tasmania’s most awarded waterfront and Salamanca food and entertainment venues, as well as the CBD, this immaculate property is irresistible in every sense of the word.
• Georgian era cottage with complimentary modern extension
• Elegant interiors with retained architectural features
• Gleaming Tasmanian Oak floorboards and staircase
• Contemporary kitchen with Miele and Liebherr integrated appliances
• Multiple entertaining zones throughout
• Two generously sized upstairs bedrooms. Main bedroom with large walk-in wardrobe.
• Separate downstairs space ideal for business or guests
• Substantial rear garden with enchanting atmosphere and side access to the street
• Romantic streetscape in the heart of Battery Point
• Generous underfloor storage
Heating: 2x Wood fire
Built: Circa 1840
Council Rates: $3,268 p/a approx.
Water & Sewerage: $998 p/a approx.