What to Expect of Your Consultant
Initial Preparation for Sale:
- Discuss your selling requirements including your time schedule, price expectation.
- Inspect and measure your property.
- Arrange photography internally and externally.
- Conduct a market analysis of comparable past property sales.
- Price your property using the summation method and current completing market analysis.
- Prepare written appraisal – for discussion if required.
- Revisit and discuss the appraisal, different methods of sale and the best method for your property.
Marketing and Advertising:
- Identify and explain the best marketing strategy for your property.
- Prepare and give you a copy of the advertising strategy and schedule.
- Advise you of the best way to present the property.
- Arrange a photosign and floorplan drafting.
- Design newspaper advertising.
- Prepare and order the marketing brochure and direct mail advertising.
- Submit newspaper advertising.
- Request an editorial in the real estate guide.
- List your property on the internet.
- Inform database of buyers by telephone and email.
Private and Open Inspections:
- Arrange for entire sales team to inspect your property.
- Liaise with sales team on prospective purchasers.
- Qualify all buyers – only conduct inspections with people who are in a position to purchase.
- Conduct private inspections with potential buyers & follow up with interested parties.
- Feedback all information on every inspection.
- Conduct open inspections at times to suit you.
- Advise you of open inspection result and all comments.
- Follow up all open inspection visitors.
- Communicate with you on the sale progress and any changes required.
Arranging the Sale
- Prepare Contract for Sale.
- Check and assist with purchaser finance if required.
- Visit purchaser’s home if Contract is to be conditional on the sale of their property.
- Present offers to you and advise on price and terms.
- Negotiate the best possible price for you.
- Formalise signing between all parties.
- Collect deposit.
- Send a copy of the Contract to solicitors of both parties.
- Send a copy of the Contract to purchaser and seller.
- Organise a building inspection where requested.
- Follow up all conditions of the Contract.
- Keep all parties informed of progress.
- Place ‘SOLD’ sign on the property when property has been sold.
After the Sale
- Assist you with relocation if required.
- Liaise with solicitors on settlement day.
- Organise transfer of keys from you to the purchaser.
- Remove sign from your property.
- Follow up to offer additional services as required.
Download these tips and more for FREE in the Official Petrusma Property Selling & Buying Property Guide.