Choosing the Right Agent
A reputable agent should be able to:
- Show you a number of homes available in your price range.
- Be willing to take you back a second time should you like the home in the first instance.
- Inform you about the size of home, size of the land and the amount of council rates levied.
- Inform you about the ‘chattels’ that will stay with the home, such as carpets, stove, etc.
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your specific needs.
- Tell you the original asking price and how long the home has been listed.
- Know when ‘new listings’ come on the market.
- Keep you up to date on changing financial conditions.
- Be available to answer your questions or to offer assistance regarding your home purchase.
- Discuss market trends and values relative to properties which may be of interest to you.
- Assist you with homes offered ‘For Sale By Owner’.
- Keep you informed on a regular basis should you choose to buy through them.