all you need is shoes.
This classic Federation home in walking distance to the city is an excellent opportunity to secure prime real estate and add value. An iconic residence with magnificent views of the city and Mt Wellington and a flexible floor plan for comfortable family living.
The covered porch and main entrance opens to a grand foyer which separates the 2 downstairs bedrooms, both of which feature tall ceilings, original fireplaces and box bay windows. The living areas are on the middle level with a modern kitchen, separate lounge room and family bathroom with bath, shower and vanity. On the upper level are a further 2 bedrooms, both of which also have original fireplaces and built-in robes, and are separated by a terrific study or home office with access to a covered sundeck overlooking the city and mountain.
Access to the back yard is off the middle level with a paved courtyard and small outbuilding containing the laundry, room for storage and a second toilet. There is off-street parking on Shoobridge Street for 2 vehicles and the property also benefits from secondary access off Bayley Street, with a gate to the rear yard.
The property is in close proximity to the Hobart Aquatic Centre, Domain Athletic Centre, TCA Oval and Royal Botanical Gardens, as well as the Friends’ School, North Hobart restaurant strip, local shops and services and of course the city centre. Situated in a highly regarded location amongst some of Hobart’s most impressive homes, this is certainly a rare opportunity to secure a blue chip property with genuine scope for improvement and uplift in a rising Hobart market.
• Iconic 1890 residence with period features
• Walking distance to the Hobart CBD
• Fantastic views of the city and Mt Wellington
• Excellent potential to improve and add value
• Ample accommodation for the family
• Flexible bedroom and living configurations
• Terrific home office with covered sundeck
• 2 off-street car parks on Shoobridge Street
• Rear access to back yard off Bayley Street
• Paved courtyard and separate laundry/shed
• Close to local schools and recreational areas
• Council rates approx. $2500pa
• Water rates approx. $1000pa plus usage
• Rent assessment ‘as is’ $575 – $610pw