Welcome to this character-filled cottage set on an esteemed street in the heart of prestigious Sandy Bay. Built in the 1890’s and maintaining many original period features and charm is this gorgeous home, one of the first in the area. Entry is via private partially covered courtyard, kept hidden from street view with established greenery. A wonderful place to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun.
The living area is spacious, light and boasts polished flooring, a cosy fire place that will keep you warm, plus a sun-filled sitting nook and high ceilings.
The functional galley style kitchen has been lovingly renovated and includes a quality electric oven, stainless steel dishwasher and a high standing breakfast bar.
Accommodation consists of three generous bedrooms with original fireplace’s and is serviced by a neatly renovated bathroom with bathtub and vanity.
Outside the home is framed by lovely low maintenance cottage gardens and has enough off street parking for two cars. Grid connected solar panels have been installed as well as roof insulation to create warmth and to keep energy costs low. The roof and electrical switchboard have been replaced in 2010 and 2019 respectively and new wiring installed throughout the house.
Sandy Bay is a distinguished and diverse suburb. It is filled with history and hosts all of the conveniences from shopping, to top class restáurant’s and cafes and is very close to UTAS and some of Hobart’s superior schools. Marieville Esplanade and Salamanca market are within walking distance to this dream location.
– Charming character-filled home in tightly held locale
– Dream location in a one-way street
– Original polished flooring and neutral colour scheme
– Stunning period features throughout
– Sunny and private courtyard
– Three generous bedrooms and neat bathroom
– Galley style kitchen with quality appliances
– Spacious living with wood heating
– Walk to the Esplanade, University, shops and cafes
– High ceilings with skylights allowing natural light
– 1kW grid-connected solar system with a 1.5 kW inverter installed
– Roof replaced in 2010 with insulation throughout
– New electric mains connection and switchboard
– New wiring installed throughout the house
– Separate laundry with courtyard access
– Two off street parking spaces
– A fantastic first home, last home or blue chip investment
Council rates $2050 per annum
Water rates $1200 approx per annum
Rental appraisal $620 to $650 per week