This well-presented 1950’s home set on a gently sloping, sun-drenched north-facing allotment in the heart of Lindisfarne offers an ideal opportunity to add value to a home bursting with potential. Beautifully maintained, this much-loved home boasts many original features and a functional and spacious floorplan, allowing the astute purchaser to renovate or live very comfortably.
The home allows easy level access via a concrete ramp, upgrades to the exterior of the house include aluminium screened windows, a Colourbond roof and profiled insulated vinyl cladding over the original weatherboards, significantly reducing maintenance, and benefiting thermal efficiency.
There is a generous north facing sunny lounge with modern heat pump as well as a neatly presented kitchen. Under the carpet throughout the home are Tasmanian oak floorboards that are likely in very good condition. A light and fresh bathroom was recently upgraded including new floor/wall cladding, vanity, toilet and large shower. Other rooms include a generous main bedroom, two other bedrooms, a sunroom off the kitchen and an exterior laundry and toilet.
The 538m2 block has been lovingly maintained and has been the site of many fond memories over the past 70 years for the current owners. The neat, enclosed and private yard benefits from established gardens and, coupled with the location of the existing garage, offers great opportunities for extending the current home and garage.
About 10 minutes’ drive to the CBD, close to bus routes, local schools, shops and parks and within walking distance of the Lindisfarne Village, this home is a terrific opportunity for first home buyers, last home buyers or investors to secure a home in a tightly held location with an abundance of potential.
– Well located home in good condition with views to the north
– All windows, roof and exterior cladding have been replaced
– Terrific potential to value add or as an investment
– Level entry ramp access to front door
– Neat kitchen with built-in booth seating
– Large living area with modern heat pump
– Tas oak floorboards under carpet
– Updated bathroom with generous walk-in shower, modern toilet and vanity
– Low maintenance fully fenced and private yard
– Single car garage with space for storage or workshop
– Close proximity to schools, public transport and shops
– 10 minutes from the CBD
– Water rates approx. $ 1,000
– Council rates approx. $ 1,600
– Rent appraisal $475 – $515pw