Grande Old Lady Lumeah
Built in 1888, Lumeah is a renowned and infamous part of the history of Bruny Island and Adventure Bay. Originally the managers residence for the Gray Brothers mill at Quiet Corner, the beautiful timber features throughout the property illustrate the craftmanship of a bygone era and symbolise the depth of the history that lies within. From the managers residence to the Adventure Bay Post Office; Boarding House and campgrounds; a Youth Hostel in the late 1970’s; then reverted to self-contained accommodation and a home. This property is significant to the community and is opening its doors to a lucky new owner.
The grand home is simply charming. High ceilings, timber features, expansive hallways, ornate fireplaces and claw foot bath will take you back in time and enlighten your senses. The sprawling home offers a myriad of options with its flexible floorplan. Currently a residence and an airBandB sleeping 11; it has been a successful and popular business to date, an option also available to the astute purchaser. This gorgeous property lends itself to house two families, accommodation or an impressive manor for one lucky family.
Set on over 2000m2 of luscious grounds, outside is an oasis of colour. Stunning gardens, fernery, places to picnic and spa to relax. You may even find a fairy or two in the garden, there is magic here. Stroll to popular Adventure Bay Beach a mere minute away, walk along the golden sand to the local shop. Bruny Island is an amazing part of Tasmania showcasing local produce, distilleries, seafood nature and wildlife. Lumeah means “I rest here” – If you have been searching for somewhere special, anywhere in the world; this may be the place for you to discover and make it home.
• Grand property circa 1888
• Previously used and operated for private and commercial use
• Handsome character features
• Sprawling home with multiple living spaces
• Flexible floorplan with numerous uses
• Currently a residence and airBandB
• Successful accommodation business optional with purchase
• Over 2000m2 of glorious grounds
• Easy one minute walk to Beach
• Holds substantial significance to the community
• Adventure Bay and Bruny Island highly sought after