“Wyvenhoe” circa 1820s
With a remarkable street frontage reflecting classic features of its era, French windows, an award-winning kitchen, plus a separate coach house and stables, Wyvenhoe will delight and impress those with an appreciation of historical architecture and the unique place it holds in our national heritage.
This home boasts beautifully proportioned rooms throughout with high ceilings and impressive windows, a large welcoming lounge room with gas fireplace and a generous family bathroom which enjoys the luxury of the original claw-foot bath. Accommodation is provided by four bedrooms plus the option to utilise the upstairs attic as a fifth bedroom .
Featuring colonial Georgian stone architecture dating back to the 1820s, Wyvenhoe, or ‘Hobart’s Kirribilli’, is set on a large double block of approximately 1264m2 and in addition to the main house, includes the original stables and coach house with its own separate facilities, an Edwardian-style garden shed, plus a large open carport.
The beautifully landscaped grounds designed by Lindsay Campbell, formerly of the Royal Botanical Gardens, feature an array of enchanting mature trees as well as extensive flagstone pathways and high stone boundary walls to create a private haven of peace and tranquillity.
Situated in the centre of Bellerive on Queen Street, you will find yourself with a sandy beach at one end and a ferry terminal and marina at the other, a short walk to Bellerive village, several schools close by and less than 10 minutes to Hobart CBD.
There are very limited opportunities to obtain a property of this calibre and there has never been a better time to become the next owner and custodian of Wyvenhoe.
– Historic home dating back 200 years to the 1820s
– Beautifully restored original features throughout
– Impressive high ceilings
– Award-winning kitchen with original flagstones and underfloor heating
– Quality German appliances for the culinary enthusiast
– Floor to ceiling built-in Oak bookshelves in the lounge room
– Four bedrooms with an additional attic upstairs which could be used as additional accommodation
– Huge family bathroom with claw-foot bath, walk-in shower and heated floor
– Exquisitely landscaped and private grounds
– Automatic in-ground irrigation system within the gardens
– Original stables and coach house with cobble-stone floor, kitchenette and bathroom facilities
– Secure off-street parking with remote controlled gates
– Extensive restorations and a sympathetic extension completed in 2013-14
– Recently replaced roof with ceiling insulation
– Kitchen windows offering double glazing with all other windows featuring European-style secondary glazing for insulation and sound proofing
– Re-plumbed and re-wired throughout with multiple NBN connection points
Year Built: c.1820s
Annual Council Rates: $3,600 approximately
Annual Water Rates: $1,170 approximately
Get to know Bellerive
Bellerive is located on the gorgeous Eastern Shore and is ideally situated close to Bellerive Beach, Blundstone Arena and Bellerive Village. Conveniently close to shops, cafes, schools and beaches Bellerive is a highly-sought after location on the Eastern Shore.