prime position with endless possibilities
Set in the prestigious suburb of Sandy Bay sits the imposing and impressive Sandy Bay Uniting Church. On a level allotment of approximately 1276sqm, this property is zoned ‘Inner Residential’ and offers a terrific and rare opportunity for an astute investor or home owner to secure a piece of history is one of Hobarts most sought-after locales.
The site offers multiple potential avenues to add value including but not limited to; a substantial historic residence, a residential strata development, a range of commercial enterprises or a subdivision (STCA).
The church itself was built in 1904 and is absolutely stunning. The property is made up of an original heritage-listed church with a 1980’s addition. From the street the façade is impressive and charming and very well maintained. Inside, the high vaulted timber ceilings and stained glass windows are just gorgeous.
There is an extension at the rear that encompasses a kitchen, dining hall, multiple toilets with upstairs offering lovely views of the river from a large living space plus a potential bedroom. There is parking for for 11+ cars at the rear and easy side access plus ample land further development.
22a Princes Street is located a few hundred metres from the Sandy Bay Shopping Precinct, a short walk to some of Hobarts best schools, the waterfront, beaches and Yacht Clubs as well as the Hobart CBD.
This property is for sale for Expressions of Interest closing midday on the 13th of December, 2021.
– Gorgeous historic church on 1276sqm in prime locale
– Level allotment with potential for further development (STCA)
– Zoned ‘Inner Residential’ under Hobart Interim Planning Scheme 2015
– 256sqm church plus a 176sqm addition, heritage listed
– Addition includes kitchen, bathrooms facilities, living and office
– Great views of the river from second level
– A few hundred metres from Sandy Bay Shopping Precinct
– Close to waterfront, casino, Hobart’s best Schools and the CBD