renovate, extend or develop.
Proudly situated at the corner of Napoleon Street and Cromwell Street, the two-story tower is an architectural signature of this highly recognisable home. Located in a privileged position overlooking the Derwent River, ‘Hylton’ is a landmark property in the finest and most desirable of Hobart’s suburbs.
Having changed hands a small number of times since being constructed more than 100 years ago, this large family home benefits from period architectural features, multiple generously sized living areas, including formal and informal living rooms, separate dining room, multiple sitting rooms, as well as four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Stepping outside and exploring beyond the low-maintenance established garden and private walled courtyard with spa, two existing and adjoining titles measure a combined 571m2 with almost 50 metres of street frontages, and along the rear boundary there is 18 metres of right of way access.
This remarkable property affords the opportunity of guilt-free refurbishment or extension for a buyer seeking to make such a unique property their very own.
For astute developers, the strata title possibilities made available by this property’s Inner Residential zoning, two adjoining land titles and combined three boundaries of possible vehicle access, are features that simply cannot be ignored.
– First time offered for sale in 34 years
– Adjoining two titles may suit strata development
– Property zoned ‘Inner Residential’
– Almost 50 metres of street frontage
– Rear boundary right of way (18m)
– Premier and prestigious Hobart location
– Constructed in 1915 and well maintained
– Ever-changing water views
– Short stroll to Salamanca Place
– Secure off-street parking
– Desirable central inner-city location
– Walking distance to Hobart CBD
Year Built: 1915
Heating: Electric and wood combustion heater
Annual Council Rates: $5,500 approx.
Annual Water Rates: $900 approx.
Zoning: Inner Residential