Life at Leithwalk
Comprehensively refurbished whilst still retaining its classic charm and elegance, ‘Leithwalk’ is sure to capture hearts with its timeless grace and personality, welcoming a new owner to become immersed in its story.
Believed to originally be built early Circa 1900’s ‘Leithwalk’ was originally on the doorstep of what used to be known as Northall Park Racetrack (1913- 1941) now well known as Albert Road.
The front stables with their quaint front windows, directly visible via Garden Road, were originally used to take bets in complementation of Northall Park Racetrack. Back when the racetrack was in full swing, trainers would often been seen in the early hours of the morning trotting the horses in a sulky around the neighbourhood.
Nowadays, Leithwalk enjoys fresh updates to align itself with modern day living. A labour of love has seen improvements made to the kitchen with underfloor heating, new cabinetry and stainless steel appliances including a Bellini gas cooktop.
The main living area has been re-vamped and opened up, inviting a seamless flow between both spaces and features quality wood heaters on either side of the room for an all year round ambience.
Architectural features such as the original picture rails and exquisite cornice are retained and are complemented by a picturesque bay window, inviting soft natural light into the space whilst offering the perfect viewing point to enjoy views of Mt Wellington and distant glimpses of the Tasman Bridge.
Ducted heating has been installed throughout the home, as well as insulation in the ceiling and upgrades made to the roof to keep you comfortable all year round.
Impressive high ceilings and stunning polished floorboards are a highlight throughout the home and flow through into three generous bedrooms, two of which feature original and fully functioning fireplaces.
The master bedroom has the added bonus of a large built in robe whilst the bedroom on the far south side of the home benefits from direct access to the surrounding period style verandah via classic French doors.
Living quarters are serviced by a renovated central bathroom with neutral tones and large corner shower.
A leafy green garden invites you outside to enjoy a sheltered and sunny backyard, blooming with established fruit trees and large self-sustaining vegetable garden.
When you are looking for some peace and tranquility retreat to the studio, the perfect escape with its very own deck space and mountain views.
With all of the above to offer, come and take a walk down memory lane and prepare to fall in love.
Get to know Moonah:
With a number of restaurants such as the much loved St. Albi Bar and Eatery, new cafes (District B and gluten free ‘Baked’) and the most recent addition of The Albert Brewery, plenty of shops, Benjafield Park a 2 minute walk away, schools and the Moonah Arts Centre right at your doorstep, there is heaps to see and do around this thriving locale.
• Federation home with complimentary refurbishments
• Elegant interiors with retained architectural features
• Contemporary kitchen & Bellini gas cooktop
• Stunning lounge and dining space with glossy floorboards
• Mount Wellington views from picturesque bay window
• High ceilings & original picture rails
• Three bedrooms, main bedroom with large built in robe
• Second bedroom with French door & veranda access
• Renovated central bathroom with neutral tones
• Show stopping wrap-around veranda
• Two quality wood heaters & two functional fireplaces
• Underfloor heating in kitchen & bathroom
• Daiken ducted air-conditioning
• Peaceful studio space with mountain views & deck
• Original stables currently utilised as laundry with separate toilet
• Substantial & leafy rear garden with enchanting atmosphere
Heating: 2 x Wood fire & newly installed ducted heating system
Built: Circa 1925
Council Rates: $1,853 p/a approx.
Water: $1,363 p/a approx.