Grand architectural federation home
A much-loved family home for over 35 years, this grand, period home offers charm, space and convenience for those astute buyers wanting a property that is more than just bricks and mortar. Set in the heart of New Town, a short stroll to The Friends School and all other essential services, this home has been lovingly maintained and renovated with an acute attention to detail, ensuring the home offers today’s conveniences whilst maintaining the integrity of the federation architecture.
The home is grand and striking but warm and comforting and offers multiple living and entertaining options. At the front of the home, the stunning formal living and adjoining dining room with Jarrah floors, window seats and an open fire overlooks the landscaped gardens and the iconic Canary Island Date Palm. Whilst at the rear of the home, the kitchen is the hub and has recently undergone an incredible update with solid Huon pine cabinetry, high-end appliances, butler’s pantry and huge island bench. The adjoining dining and lounge are generous and comfortable with a natural gas heater for those cooler days. Whether you are entertaining or relaxing, this space flows beautifully to the large, paved courtyard with sandstone walls and established gardens.
Accommodation is provided by up to 6 bedrooms with the master set on the lower level and boasting generous ensuite and walk-in robe. There are a further two spacious bedrooms, craft room and sunroom or gym at the front of the home. The home is further serviced by a generous family bathroom with stand alone bath and a laundry perfectly tucked away. The gorgeous timber staircase leads to a further three bedrooms and a large powder room as well as shared living space making upstairs ideal for a kid’s getaway.
Outside the grounds are impeccable, well established, and perfectly maintained, they will please both the kids and the adults. With a recently added garden gazebo at the rear and a garden house with WC, ensuring there are ample places for the family to spread out or entertain all year round. The single garage and generous driveway allows at least 4 cars off street with easy, level access into the home.
The home has been re-wired, and recently painted, it has a natural gas connection, Baltic pine timber floorboards, leadlight windows, large entry foyer and so many more period details. This home clearly offers so much and is ideally located within a short stroll of The Friends School and many others, Hill Street Grocer, Calvary Hospital, North Hobart restaurant strip, the CBD and so much more.
This is a home you dream of. A grand and impressive home, one that has had many chapters written, time to write the next one.
– Grand period home in premium locale
– Designed by architect Wilhelm Rudolph Waldemar Koch
– Impeccably presented and maintained throughout
– Breathtaking new, solid Huon pine kitchen
– Natural gas connection, insulated and re-wired
– Ducted underfloor heating throughout, gas downstairs and electric upstairs
– Formal living and dining rooms with open fire
– Jarrah floors in the formal living areas
– Baltic pine flooring in the downstairs bedrooms
– Up to 6 bedrooms plus gym and craft room
– Spacious family bathroom with bath
– Master bedroom with two-way ensuite
– Landscaped gardens with patio, gazebo and garden house
– Off-street parking for 4 cars plus single garage
– Ideal location in the heart of New Town
– Short walk to The Friends School, North Hobart strip and all essential services